Thursday, August 29, 2013

Haven't I Seen You Before? : Gymnastics Set

Hi everyone, I'm trying something new today where I share a new American Girl product with you in comparison to an old AG item.
Today is...the Gymnastics Set that was released in this year Fall/Winter 2013 release and McKenna's Beam and Bar Set from GOTY 2012 McKenna's collection.

First, the older item: McKenna's Beam and Bar
















This gymnastics set came with a floor beam, practice bar, plastic grips, wedge, and mat.

Now, the newer set: Gymnastics Set (MAG Collection)

















This is the newer version of the set, and comes with everything that McKenna's set did. It includes all the same pieces without any modifications other than color. This set could be McKenna's Beam and Bar set's twin!

Why I Think This Happened:
American Girl is, of course, a company who's "main goal" is to make money through sales. So when something is popular, like McKenna's Beam and Bar set was, it makes sense to use this information in developing future products. McKenna's set was back ordered a lot last year since it was so popular. Now, people who didn't get the chance to buy McKenna's, can get this one.

My Opinion:
I think this set will be very popular and sell well. I don't think I'll get this, since I don't do gymnastics anymore and I don't really have an interest in it. It's such a large piece, and I've been trying not to buy an large sets that I will regret purchasing and won't have enough space for. But it's very cute :)

So what do you think? Will you be purchasing this new set or did you prefer McKenna's Beam and Bar set?
Also, would you like to see more of these type of posts? Let me know in the comments below :)


1 comment:

  1. This was very interesting! Yes, I'd like to see more! I like the new one better. I want to get it, but it's expensive so I probably won't. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Heyy! Please try to follow these few guidelines when commenting.
1. Please do not use inappropriate language.
2. Please don't post rude comments and try to respect each other with kindness like you would want others to respect you.
Lastly, Have Fun and Enjoy Yourself! :)
Thank you very much.